How to Get Dating Traffic From Pinterest
If you’re working with an online dating affiliate, finding the right traffic source can feel like a challenge. There are so many options out there, not least being social media. But while some options have an obvious way in – with Facebook, for example, you simply need to post your content. Other options can seem more opaque. And Pinterest is one of them.
How do you even begin to promote your dating offers on a platform built upon imagery? And is it even worth the effort? Here’s what you need to know.
How to Use Pinterest to Attract Dating Traffic
Why use Pinterest for your affiliate program work?
Despite the fact that Pinterest has been around for more than a decade, its popularity is still growing. And as of the second quarter of 2021, Pinterest had 454 million monthly active users worldwide. So, that’s kind of incentive enough to open an account for marketing purposes. But it’s also pretty easy to use. Which makes it appealing on another level.
How to use Pinterest for dating traffic?
Whether you’re using a desktop, mobile, or app interface, posting on Pinterest is an easy process.
- Start by opening a Pinterest for business account. This is important, as the platform won’t tolerate promotional content on personal accounts. It also enables you to promote your blog and links. If you already have a personal account, you can transfer it to a business account if you wish.
- Complete your business profile. This is where all your vital information – including your links – can be found. So, take time to get this right.
- Create or select your images. The stronger and more striking your imagery, the more likely you are to attract attention. So, think about what you want your pictures to say, who you want them to attract, and what you want your end result to be. Then, edit accordingly.
- Focus on your text. All Pins should have a captivating title, an appealing description, a link to your blog or landing page, and some relevant hashtags. It’s important to remember that Pinterest is as subject to SEO as any other part of the internet, so really think about the language you use, and whether this pays into your keyword research. Make it easily readable, using simple language. And don’t forget a call to action. That’s where your dating traffic will come from.
- Create a or choose a board to place your Pin on. Where you place your Pin can have a big impact on its success (or failure). Your choice of board influences its searchability. And if you’re working with an online affiliate program, you need your images – and therefore your pay per sale links – to be easily found. If you’re creating your own boards, name them with your most relevant search terms for optimum dating traffic conversion.
And that’s it! You’re ready to go!
Dating traffic can come from all kinds of different places. The trick is to work with the medium that best suits your style. If you have an eye for imagery, then Pinterest and Instagram could hold massive potential for you. It’s just a case of taking time to get to the know the platforms, creating a strong profile, and then getting creative. Why not give it a try?