How to Use Banner Ads for Your Affiliate Program Work
When you’re trying to secure conversions for your pay per sale affiliate program work, you’ll consider a range of marketing approaches. There are various lead generation strategies. From perfecting your content and social media to working with influencers. But one of the approaches that you may have overlooked is the use of banner ads. So, here’s what you need to know.
How to Promote Your Affiliate Program Links with Banner Ads
What are banner ads?
Banner ads (AKA display ads) typically use imagery and a few key words to attract the attention of potential customers. Affiliate program members and other advertisers pay for the banners to be placed in appropriate high traffic areas. The ads are then linked to the advertiser’s website or landing page. So, anyone who is interested can be directed to your content of choice.
Do banner ads work?
For a few years, banner advertising fell out of favour. They were annoying. They lacked sophistication. And they delivered a very low return on investment (ROI). But in 2021, Google changed the way it managed banner ads. It deployed remarketing to show targeted adverts to users who had already visited a particular site. Making banners more relevant and therefore more valuable for both viewers and advertisers. Now, banner ads aren’t the most profitable advertising form. But they can work well if you put the effort in to create worthy banners.
How to create strong banner ads to attract dating traffic
- Understand your audience – Banner advertising can only work if you really understand who you’re targeting. Without that research-driven knowledge, the chances of you hitting on the right tone and content are extremely slim.
- Keep it clear – If you’re paying for advertising, there’s a temptation to cram in as much information as possible. But that will only end in confusion. The best banner ads are short, simple, and to the point. So, think visually. Keep text to a minimum. Include a CTA. And that’s all you need to worry about.
- Choose images carefully – Banner ads don’t have to have images. But most people look at images before they read words. Which can make the right choice of visual a really powerful tool. Whether you’re promoting your site or your dating offers. So, choose any images carefully.
- Think about where to place your banner ads – The most successful banners are usually at the top of a page. So, this is the prime spot you should be investing in, whichever site or marketing provider you are working with. But you also need how to reach your intended audience. If you are working with a search engine, like Google, then you can select your own targeting. But if you are working with individual bloggers and influencers, it’s worth researching. To ensure that you share the same targets.
- Don’t forget to track your ads – If you don’t track your ads with an analytics program, how will you ever know if you are achieving any success? And how will know how to refine any future ads?
When you’re working with affiliate networks your success hinges upon getting your content and links in front of the right people. So, you need a really good lead generation and traffic strategy. Every marketer will have their own approach to this. And banner ads won’t be a favorite of everyone. But if you can do them well, they can be a simple way to keep your affiliate program income flowing.