Why Are Video Ads Better for Affiliate Program Marketing?
Whatever you’re doing online, there’s no two ways about it. If you want to increase audience engagement, you need to produce video content. Video consumption is greater than ever before, with 82% of global internet traffic coming from streaming videos and downloads. With users spending 88% more time browsing websites that have videos. While 83% of marketers say video has helped increase the average time their visitors spend on page. So, if you’re looking to increase your affiliate program income, video is definitely the way to go. But how do you do it?
Why Use Video Ads to Build Your Affiliate Program Income
Why does video work so well?
There are many reasons why video is such a successful marketing tool. For bloggers, it works because it helps you to build rapport with your audience. Of course, you can do that with a standard blog post. But in a video, they can hear your voice, see your face, and understand your expressions.
Video is also easy. For many people, reading is just too much effort. As a video viewer, you don’t need to do anything. And yet most people retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video. Compared to just 10% when reading it. And according to the Online Publishers Association, 80% of users recall a video ad for longer.
Where can you use video in your affiliate program marketing strategy?
While all marketing strategies will vary according to the affiliate program niche you are working in, there are some ways that everyone can apply video marketing.
- Q&As – Almost every sector will have frequently asked customer questions. Videos are a great way to answer the questions relating to your affiliate partnership program’s products.
- Product reviews – It doesn’t matter if you’re promoting a product or a service. A video can get the information across in the most accessible format.
- How-to videos – Dealing with a slightly tricky subject? It’s far easier to explain how to do something, or how something works, on video than it is in written words.
- New Promotions – Do you have some new dating offers to shout about? Video has the potential to deliver greater results. You just have to do it right.
- Social media clips – If you’re trying to attract more traffic to your site, social media holds endless potential. Partly because video posts on social media get 48% more views, according to The Marketing Helpline.
Where should you post video content?
If you’re working with an online affiliate program, you may have already spent time investigating good traffic sources. If you have, you’ll know what works for you. And you can post video content on almost all of them.
YouTube was made for video. But Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter may work better. Depending on your niche, your style, and your intent. You can post videos on your own blog. And they can work well on forums, as long as you understand the posting rules. In short, video content is as versatile as it is effective.
You can be working with the best affiliate program in the world, promoting the most sought-after products. But your success – or failure – will still come down to how you market them. Blogs are brilliant. But video is rapidly becoming the online medium of choice. And not using it within your marketing strategy may cost you money.