The Five Most Frequently Asked Questions When Working with Affiliate Programs
Whether you’re totally new to working with affiliate programs or a seasoned old hand, there will times when you have questions. In fact, we regularly get asked questions by members of our affiliate partnership program. Ranging from how to start out, to suggestions on social media strategy. While we’re always happy to help out where we can, we thought it might be helpful to answer your most commonly asked questioned in one place.
5 FAQs About Affiliate Programs
1. What is pay per sale affiliate marketing?
Pay per sale (PPS) affiliate programs essentially remunerate advertisers for every sale that is made via their affiliate links. So, if you’re a blogger and you’re writing about a product and include a link from the affiliate network that you’re associated with, that link is clicked and leads to a sale, you receive an agreed fee for that referral.
2. How do I start working with affiliate programs?
Starting work with affiliate programs is relatively easy.
- First you need to decide on your niche. There’s no point working in an area that isn’t of any interest to you because creating content will become really tedious and tricky – unless you’re willing to pay a freelancer to do it for you.
- Find an affiliate program to work with. You really only need to Google your niche – so ‘dating’ – and ‘affiliate partnership program’ and you’ll find a whole host of options. Do a little research to find the top affiliate programs in your niche. Make your selection from there. Affiliate2day offers a range of programs to suit each style of marketing strategy.
- Next, you need to either start a blog or work out a stratagem for working with social media to get your affiliate links seen.
- Then you need to create content that people will want to read/watch/listen to.
And that’s your affiliate program journey begun.
3. Is it expensive to get started?
In most cases, you will need to spend at least a little money before starting work with an online affiliate program. Just on things like webhosting and domain name purchasing. But it is possible to work on a shoestring budget. You don’t need to make a huge investment. In fact, it can be a good idea to start small, then invest your profits as you grow.
4. Can I use affiliate marketing to monetize an existing website or blog?
Yes. In fact, this is often easier than starting from scratch. You already have your niche and your content. Now, you just need to find the right affiliate programs for your content.
5. How can I improve my click rate?
The best way to generate good results with your affiliate program is to test your campaigns. Split testing allows you to find out what your audience likes. How they respond to different styles, offers and content. And, importantly, how you can change your tactics to get the very best out of your advertising budget.
Working with affiliate programs can be a great way of earning from home. Whether as a side hustle or a fulltime enterprise. Although it can take a while to understand all the jargon and find the best strategies for you, with a little patience, a little time, and the right questions you’ll soon find your feet.