Why You Should Be Security Aware in Your Online Dating Affiliate Campaigns
We’ve talked before on here, about how important trust can be when working with affiliate networks. If you want your readers and followers to click your online dating affiliate links, they need to be able to trust you. And while there are all sorts of ways that you can lose people’s trust – contradicting yourself, recommending a poor product or service, and obviously lying. One of the worst mistakes you can make is compromising your reader’s security.
So, how can you improve your web security. And your reputation?
Everything You Need to Know About Security for Your Online Dating Affiliate Campaigns
Why online security matters when working with affiliate programs
Online security matters when you’re working with online dating affiliates for four reasons.
- Firstly, if you’re asking someone to give you their details, you have to be able to handle their data respectfully. If the information that you are trusted with is stolen by someone else and used illicitly, you’ve not only failed your customers. But your reputation will also sink so low that it may never recover.
- Secondly, it creates the right impression. A HTTPS address shows your readers that you take their security seriously. This means that they’re more likely to trust you. And that they’ll be more inclined to share their information with you.
- Thirdly, ISPs will like you more. We’ve all tried to access a website and received those scary-looking messages: ‘Your connection is not private.’ And: ‘This website is not secure’. If ISPs are screaming that at every visitor, your chance of making a decent income from your online dating affiliate work is slim.
- Finally, the data you’re gathering is to build your business. You’ve worked hard for it. So, don’t let other people get their hands on it for nothing.
How can you improve the security of your campaigns?
SSL (Security Sockets Layer) is responsible for establishing an encrypted connection between a web server and a browser. It basically encodes and then decodes all information as it travels between two parties. This means that anyone else who’s managed to intercept that data essentially receives gobbledygook, rather than anything useful. And it’s SSL that can help enhance the security of any platform you use to promote your dating offers.
So, how do you get it?
How to get SSL
The process for adding SSL to the website you use for your online dating affiliate program work is relatively simple. But if you’re unsure, it can be wise to ask a freelance tech expert to help you.
These are the basic steps you need to follow.
- Make sure that your website to has its own dedicated IP address.
- Buy an SSL certificate.
- Finally, activate and install your SSL certificate. Your webhost may automatically do this for you. If not, they will provide guidelines. Because each host will have a slightly different process, so you’ll need to look at the backend of your site and read up.
Once you’ve done that, your site address should automatically convert into HTTPS.
Security is an essential part of any online business venture. And this is true whether you’re in ecommerce or working with pay per lead dating affiliate programs. If you want to generate dating traffic, if you want people to click your pay per sale links. Or if you simply want people to be able to find your website and open it without a warning, you must stay on top of security. And this is as important in your sales funnels as it is your main website. So, do yourself a favor, and review your security protocols today.