How to Use Video Marketing to Promote Your Affiliate Program Products
According to Forbes, 90% of people find videos useful when looking to make a purchase. So, if you’re working with an affiliate program, it stands to reason that video marketing could be a really helpful way to get the products you’re promoting seen. But what do you need to do to work video marketing into your affiliate program strategy?
Three Ways to Use Video Marketing to Promote Your Affiliate Program Products
If you’re working with a dating affiliate network, video marketing can be used in a variety of ways to help attract dating traffic, engage your audience, promote your dating offers, and get those pay per sale links clicked. You can make videos to embed in your blog or website. Or you can work with external platforms. Today, we’re going to look at the three most popular video sharing platforms for affiliate program work.
YouTube is the oldest video sharing platform on the internet. And arguably still the most popular. For anyone working with affiliate networks, it presents a wealth of opportunity. And all you have to do is create and upload your content.
Three ways to promote you affiliate program on YouTube
- Annotate your video with your affiliate links. Simply decide where you want your links to be seen, then click on the annotation tab and follow the prompts.
- Include a link in your video description. Surprisingly enough, people do frequently read video descriptions either before or after viewing. By including your affiliate program link, you are increasing your earning potential.
- Sponsor your video. This is essentially advertising your video so that it can reach a wider audience. You probably won’t want to do this for every post. But if you’ve got a really good piece of content, sponsoring can be a great way to make sure as many people as possible see it.
Facebook Live is a tool allowing you to post live broadcasts on the Facebook platform. It can be a great way to reach your audience and to respond to comments in real time. So, weather you’re running a review, or looking to host and question and answer session – a great form of interactive content – it can be a quick an easy way to engage your followers.
How to use Facebook Live
- Create an interesting description – including your affiliate program links – for your video event ahead of time.
- When you’re ready to record, tap the camera icon next to your search bar.
- Allow Facebook access to your camera and microphone, select ‘Live’ on your camera screen, and choose your privacy and posting settings.
- Set your camera’s orientation, and add and special effects.
- Press the ‘Start Live Video’ button when you’re ready to begin.
- Don’t forget to press ‘Finish’ when you reach the end of your live event.
You can also post pre-recorded videos into you Facebook feed.
No longer the new kid on the social media block, Instagram can be a great source of revenue for anyone working with an internet marketing affiliate program. Videos are limited to 60 seconds a time on the main Instagram platform. But that’s often more than enough to capture your audience’s attention. Especially as it puts the emphasis on quality over quantity. And if you really want to say more, there’s always the option of Instagram TV (IGTV).
To post a video on Instagram, you can prerecord and upload to your feed or Instagram Story. Or you can record something directly onto you Insta feed. Just don’t forget to add in your affiliate program links! You can do this in your bio, in the description of your posts, or you can include them within your videos.
Video marketing is increasingly important for anyone working with affiliate programs. It’s an easy way to engage. It gets your content and your links seen. And it helps build a relationship with your viewers. So, if you’re looking for a way to increase your affiliate program income, why not give video marketing a try?