Understanding Search Intent for Dating Traffic
If you’re working with an online dating affiliate, you may already have a good understanding of SEO. If you improve your search engine optimization, more people will be able to find your content. And you’ll improve your affiliate program income. It all makes perfect sense. But one area that many affiliate members fail to consider is the search intent. But what is search intent? And how can it increase your dating traffic?
How Can You Use Search Intent to Increase Dating Traffic?
What is search intent?
Search intent is essentially understanding the reason behind an online search. Is that person looking for a particular website? Do they have a question? Are they researching a subject? Or are they looking to buy a product or service?
All of the prominent search engines, Google in particular, have invested seriously in determining search intent. It helps them to put the right information in front of the right people. If your content doesn’t fit in with the search intent of your projected audience, you’ll struggle to attract the dating traffic you need.
The different types of search intent
There are four recognized types of search intent:
- Informational – The searcher is looking for information. This might be posed like a question, such as ‘where is Timbuktu?’ or ‘what is a dating affiliate network?’ Or written as a keyword, such as, ‘winter Olympics’.
- Transactional – The searcher wants to make a purchase. So, they’ll search for that item – ‘custom engagement ring’.
- Navigational – The searcher is trying to find a specific website. They know where they want to go, but can’t remember the exact address.
- Commercial investigation – Here, the searcher is researching a product or service that they may be interested in. So, you might find searches for ‘best dating affiliate program’. Or, ‘what are the top affiliate programs?’
How to optimize your content for search intent to improve dating traffic
The search terms people use to find your content are usually a clue towards intent. When you’re aiming to attract dating traffic for affiliate networks, you will largely appeal to informational and commercial investigation searchers. So, the most common words your audience will use will be: how to, which, why, what is, etc.
Knowing why people are coming to your website, and the words they use to find it, can help you to increase your dating traffic. Because it enables you to tailor your content. So, try following these steps.
- Research your audience’s search intent.
- Assess the words that most searchers are using to find you.
- Create content that not only incorporates the search terms that people are using to find your website. But that also answers their search intent.
- Search the terms that people are using to find you. Then check out Google’s ‘people also ask’ box. This will provide you with greater insight on how to help your audience.
- Check out the competition. By looking at the top-ranking pages related to your search terms, you can work out what both searchers and search engines want from your content.
When you’re working with affiliate programs, it can feel like you’ve got a lot to do to get your content seen and your revenue rolling. From localization to voice search optimization. It’s important to understand that you can’t get everything right straight away. It takes time to build a profitable affiliate income. But getting to grips with search intent is a fairly easy way to attract more dating traffic whenever you have time to invest.